Thank you to all the fabulous entries, the official results were announced at the Eat.Drink.Blog 3 dinner which was held at Hilton, Adelaide.
Congrats to all winners, and thank you to our sponsors for supporting the competition! Thank you also to our judges.
Is your food photography drool-worthy? Fancy getting your mitts on prizes like a $1000 Visa card or a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer? Enter the Eat.Drink.Blog 3 photography competition NOW!
The Eat Drink Blog 3 photography competition is open to ALL Australian food bloggers who meet the eligibility criteria, not just conference delegates.
The competition begins at 20.00 (ACST) on Thursday 13th September 2012 and closes at 9.00 (ACST) on FRIDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2012. Winners will be announced at the Eat Drink Blog 3 conference dinner on November 3, 2012.
To enter, upload a maximum of THREE photos (that were used on your blog between 1 March 2012 and 1 September 2012) to our Flickr group. Be sure to include the link to the original blog post as part of each photo’s description.
Be sure to read the full eligibility criteria and terms and conditions below.
Never used Flickr before? Check out our how to.
Got a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will help out.
JUDGING CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
There are three categories and prizes:
- IMPACT Photography Award – the winner will receive a $1000 Visa gift card sponsored by Impact Communications;
- IMPACT Community Award - the winner will receive a yellow KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan Stand Mixer valued at $749 sponsored by Impact Communications; and
- IMPACT Runner up – the winner will receive a pack of ten (10) cookbooks sponsored by Harper Collins and a Nescafe Dolce Gusto Melody Coffee Machine pack valued at $350.
Grant Nowell, Photographer
Grant has been a newspaper and magazine photographer for 40 years working around Australia and abroad. In 1990 he was appointed Pictorial Editor of The Advertiser and Sunday Mail giving creative and technical guidance to 35 photographers, The Advertiser was the first newspaper in Australia to print daily color, so his job was also steer the paper from the challenge of black and white publishing to full color.
In 1993 he was appointed senior Feature photographer, shooting and directing all the Food/ Wines images, Fashion, The Arts, architecture and all the magazine/ feature content for the papers.
After 20 years at News Limited he left to pursue a more gentle freelance career for various magazines and clients including The Adelaide Hills Mag, Sumptuous Magazine and Fairfax publications.
Major Awards he has won: South Australia Media Awards Feature Photographer of the Year 2004 2006 2007 2011, Nikon Showcase Photographer of the Year, Telstra Rural Photographer of the Year, Walkley Award Finalist, SA Media Awards Freelancer of the Year 2012, Moran Finalist 2012.
Major assignments he has covered include 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, Royal Tours, Papal Tours, Grand Prix, Tasting Australia, and Federal and State elections.
Sky Harrison, Sumptuous
Quality food photography is a vital part of the magazine and Sky loves working with food stylists and photographers to ensure Sumptuous recipes are not only beautiful to look at but also inspiring to readers.
Sky worked as a freelance editor, journalist and communications specialist from 1995, including with News Ltd as project editor on titles such as PubsSA, WineSA, The Adelaide Food Guide and HomegrownSA and contributing to The Adelaide Magazine, BrideSA, Deluxe, Adelaide Living and New Homes magazines, among others. Sky was also a founding member of Wet Ink magazine, working as a fiction editor, sub-editor and publicist.
Her appreciation for good food surpasses her cooking skills but fortunately she has a partner who is a whizz in the kitchen, though the same cannot be said for her 9yo son, who thinks that tipping flour everywhere is always funny. Sometimes, it is.
Sneh Roy (winner of last year’s competition)
Sneh Roy is a designer, illustrator, photographer and food stylist from Sydney, Australia.
She cooks, writes and tells tall tales on Cook Republic.
She firmly believes that the egg came first and has four chooks to prove it.
About Your Blog
- You are an Australian food blogger, that is, either a food blogger living in Australia or an Australian food blogger living abroad.
- Your blog must be at least nine months old.
- You must have published a minimum of 25 posts.
- You are not a commercial blogger i.e. those blogging only for money or as part of their job. E.g. A chef blogging for a restaurant or staff blogging for a brand.
About Your Photographs
- There is a limit of three (3) photographs per blog regardless of number of authors on a specific blog.
- Food or food culture must be a prominent component, if not the main subject, of the photograph.
- Your photographs must have been featured in a blog post published between the dates of 1st March 2012 and 1st September 2012.
- Your photographs must be original works from a photographer of the blog, and the person submitting the image must either own the copyright, or represent the photographer who owns the copyright.
- Your photographs must be free from graphic design elements included during post-production such as, but not limited to, text, logos and watermarks.
- When the competition finalists are announced, a high resolution image must be made available by the deadline specified in the notification email. Failure to do so may mean disqualification from a finalist position.
Competition and Usage
- Any submissions that don’t meet the above criteria will not be included for consideration by the judges.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that their submission meets the entry conditions and that they have read the Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting your images to the competition, whilst you retain copyright of the images, you give the current and future organisers of Eat. Drink Blog. and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute them.
- As well as the above rights of use, if you are a winner of one of the competition prizes, you also give permission for IMPACT Communications Australia and their assigns to use your high resolution image in media releases regarding the Eat.Drink.Blog. 2012 photography competition.
- Any decision made by the Eat. Drink.Blog. organizing committee, such as valid entrants or entries, and the decision by the judging panel regarding the winner of the competition, are final and no correspondence will be entered into.